Vancouver Island Gutter is looking to hire an Assistant Gutter and Soffit Installer to help with installation jobs from Nanaimo to Victoria. If you think you might be the perfect candidate, check out the full job description below and mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Assistant Gutter and Soffit Installer – Victoria, BC
$20 – $25/hour – wage dependent upon experience
Vancouver Island Gutter is an equal opportunity employer who is also committed to team players, self-starters and problem solvers. We are a fast growing gutter and soffit installation company serving communities from Nanaimo to Victoria. The successful applicant will be enthusiastic about helping the company grow in the years to come, be dedicated to customer service and attention to detail, and be willing to work flexible hours. VIG offers competitive wages, 4% vacation pay, and the possibility to receive employee health and dental benefits.
Please email your resume with a short cover letter and a couple of professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assist lead installer with removal of existing gutter, fascia, bargeboard and fascia on certain projects
- Assist lead installer with on site fabrication of aluminum gutter systems, and installation of pre-fabricated aluminum downspouts
- Assist lead installer with installation of aluminum, vinyl and wood soffits
- Install gutter accessories such as gutter guard, funnels, and leaf traps
- Assist lead installer with installation of fascia and bargeboard
- General labour duties and cleanup at each job site
- May work with or near chemicals, cranes and moving equipment
- Minimum 1 year in the construction industry
- Must be in good health and physically fit and able to lift 50 pounds.
- Working knowledge of the BC Building Code and able to read blueprints
- Effective oral communication skills
Skills And Attributes
- Able to work at heights and balance on platforms, ladders, scaffolds and decks
- Able to work alone, or as part of a team
- Display good verbal and written communication skills when working with owners or other employees
- Knowledge in trade related math and basic survey layout
- Hardworking and able to readily accept and apply direction from a supervisor
- Hand and finger dexterity for reaching, handling and feeling while working
- Fast learner
- Experience with power tools such as grinder, skill saw, drill, impact driver, chop saw
- Sites located in the Greater Victoria Area and around Vancouver Island
- Working outside – exposure to the elements
- Act with respect, integrity, honesty at all times. Present yourself in such a way as to provide a professional image of yourself and the company at all times.
- Report to work on time and work in an efficient and safe manner, protecting not only yourself but other people and property around you.
You Are Expected To Provide The Following
- Cell phone
- Steel toe boots
- Safety glasses
- Wear appropriate clothing for both warm and cold weather conditions
- Valid driver’s license
- Own transportation